Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Quest for the Bunny

There is quite a bit of wildlife where I go to school. And by wildlife I mean squirrels, chipmunks, and bunnies. These aren't your normal squirrels, chipmunks, and bunnies either. They are not afraid of humans at all. They just stare at you as you get closer to them, it's like you're playing a game of chicken in which the first person to run away loses. So, because of this ability to get really close without them getting scared of me and my friends have created a quest to catch one of the bunnies. (In reality it's only me on this quest, but my friends typically are there when I chase after them so they're involved by proximity.) The reason I chose bunnies is because I feel like the squirrel would maul me if I caught one and the chipmunks move at the speed of light so that quest would be impossible.
Now, to get started here are the friends involved in this quest:

So, this quest began on one dark starry evening because typically one only sees these bunnies at night. Another reason as to why I chose bunnies is because they are so freaking cute. I mean look at this thing:

I mean, look at that thing. Isn't just the cutest thing you've ever seen? . . . Anyways, I knew the moment our eyes met that night I just had to catch it:

See the thing is about bunnies that a lot of people don't tell you is that they are fast as hell. They're like cheetahs only they aren't big and really cheetah like at all except for the speed. If a bunny looked like a cheetah it would look like this:

Anyways, so I attempt to stalk up behind this bunny all stealthy like...which really is just me stomping up behind the bunny. My attempted stealth is more like me being less loud, but still loud nonetheless.

Yes, the leaves go boom when you step on them down here. And, as I attempted to creep up behind this bunny I got about five feet away before it hopped five feet further away from me. I tried again and the same thing happened. So, I finally gave up and sprinted after it to which it responded to bounding away from me like a graceful cheetah laughing at my slowness.
But, after my many failed attempts my friend Ben attempted to give it a try. Now let me tell you something about Ben, he is freaking fast.

That's right, he's so fast that you can barely even see him. (This may be a bit of the dramatization.) Anyways, Ben chased the bunny around in a very angular circle, almost matching it's cheetah like speed. He almost caught it too, but then he fell down and the bunny bounded off into the night.
This quest has continued many weeks now. Every time I see a bunny I pretty much sprint after it even though I don't have it's cheetah like speed. But, this would be me if I caught a bunny:

So, sadly for now this will be me bunniless.

Till next time ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment