Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's not day one, but it's close enough.

Okay, well to get started I'm a brand new college kid and/or a freshman and/or a freshie and/or whatever else you want to call me. (I'm not averted to The Awesome, so whichever you prefer really.) But anyways, brand new college kid!








That's me jumping for joy! Look at how happy I am and the height of that jump. I'm getting some air. You know, in reality there should be some random shit behind me because I moved in way to much stuff.






Notice my expression has changed from glee to a slight hesitation. I did not know that I was going to need absolutely all of the shit that I brought. It's ridiculous.
So we stuffed my parents cars full of all of the crap that I "need." I'm pretty sure I saw some sparks flying off my mom's car because the backside was hanging preeettyyyyy low.
We finally get to my new home and park our two overflowing cars in front of my dorm. Important fact...my dorm is not air conditioned. The weather where I live is fucking bipolar...ALL THE TIME.
Example:


 See, everythings happy in this picture because it's a nice 85ish degrees out there. This happens maybe once a month in summer. It will also fake you out in the morning and look like this but then later transform into the version below...



See, in this one it's so damn hot that the grass and flower have literally caught fire. The cloud has been murdered by the suns heat and the sun is now a homicidal arsonist. This is the most common temperature which varies between 95 and 100. This heat sucks because not only is it frickin hot, it's also humid as hell.
Of course me being the luckiest person ever gets to move in with this heat, not the rare normal temperature heat. Not to mention the fact that I'm one of those people that if they are just standing or sitting in super hot temperatures they just sweat. A lot. So by the end of me moving in this is what I looked like. 



Yes, yes I am kneeling in a puddle of my own sweat. But my room is now all set and homey like. But, part of me still thinks it wasn't necessarily worth my body expelling most of the water it can hold. Yaaaaaay college!

No comments:

Post a Comment